Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Milestone: Private Pilot Knowledge Test Completed

Just completed my PPL knowledge test and am happy to report a passing score of 93%! I was shooting for a 90, so anything above that is great.

I missed two weather questions, one about thunderstorm development stages, and one about mountain turbulence (good thing there are no mountains for a few hundred miles).



I also screwed up a performance chart question regarding landing distance. Try as I might, I can never seem to get an accurate answer with those stupid reference lines, sloped lines, etc...
The only other question I missed was, surprisingly, related to course plotting. I couldn't seem to get an answer that matched up with the choices, no matter how many times I plotted the course.

Oh well. I am happy with my score and getting psyched to complete my hours!
No flying tomorrow. The weather looks good; however, due to last minute procrastination on schoolwork, I won't be able to fly around the state of WI for 3-4 hrs.